Curau - the recipe

Hello again!


So recently I shared the recipe of canjica, remember? If you don't, you can click here.
And last year I wrote a lot about canjica/munguzá and curau/canjica, there was a whole story regarding the names of this dishes and how they came to be like that (if you want to read it again, click here for canjica/munguzá and here for curau/canjica).
So today I'm sharing a curau recipe, this is basically a corn custard and tastes really good, if you like corn, obviously!
The most complicated step is by far taking the corn kernels off the cob and straining the corn juice. I know it doesn't really sound hard, that's right it isn't. So if these are the hardest steps, you can pretty much get how easy this recipe is. And this is the traditional recipe, I'm not even using shortcuts or anything!
And yes, it does work with cinnamon, but I'm very inclined to test using some nutmeg in the near future... I'm pretty sure it will taste wonderful, and bit different from what I'm used to. I'll definitely let you know.
And again I wrote extensively on the subject in the past, so it doesn't really make sense to repeat any of it. So I just hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
And if you do, take a picture and post it with the hashtag #shutupandtasteit, I love discovering my recipes being tested all around the world.

Curau

Ingredients:

  • 6 corn cobs
  • 1 L whole milk
  • 40g butter
  • 300g caster sugar
  • Cinnamon sticks
  • Cinnamon powder

Method:

  1. Cut the corn very close to the cob and blitz it in a blender.
  2. Gradually add milk.
  3. Strain the corn juice twice.
  4. Put the corn juice in a pan with, butter, sugar and cinnamon sticks.
  5. Cook it in a low heat, always stirring, until it thickens.
  6. Pour the custard on small bowls, or small ramekins then sprinkle powdered cinnamon on top and take it to the fridge.
  7. Serve it cool.
It yelds around 20 portions.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas